Felixstowe: Power cut in town centre leaves businesses unable to trade
SEVERAL businesses in Hamilton Road were forced to close today after a power cut left some shops in the town centre without electricity.
The cut happened at 7.43am today, leaving five shops without power. A further three shops lost power at 10am.
The shops affected by the incident included Russell Smith, New Look and the Sandwich Shop.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “UK Power Networks engineers are working as quickly as safely possible to restore power supplies to eight customers in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe following a fault on a low voltage underground cable.
“We appreciate how difficult it is to be without electricity and apologise to all those affected.”
? For more reaction to the power cut, pick up a copy of tomorrow’s Star.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into