Felixstowe: Road Runners face a marathon year in 2014
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen members of the Felixstowe Road Runners will be hitting the streets of the capital on Sunday for the London Marathon.
It’s just part of a marathon year for the club – with a number taking part in events at home and abroad.
Simon Wiggins has already done the Rome Marathon, five entered the Bungay event, Darren Cook the Brighton one and two are taking part in the Kent marathon.
Charities supported by the runners in London include Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Shelter, Felixstowe Blue Cross and Age UK.
Club chairman Richard Farnworth said: “It is fantastic that we have so many of our members taking part in marathons this year. I think 2014 may see the largest number of FRR members running in London.
You may also want to watch:
“They are very dedicated and have been working extremely hard to get themselves fit and ready for these challenges.
“They will each have their own personal goals to reach, with many raising lots of money for charity and I wish them all well.”
For more marathon news, click here
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast