Felixstowe Carnival celebrates decades of the 20th century in style
- Credit: Archant
Thousands lined the streets of Felixstowe for the town’s biggest event of the year.
The threat of rain did little to spoil enjoyment of Felixstowe Carnival's showcase procession on Saturday.
The event opened in traditional style with a beach side Proms Night on Friday, followed by a weekend of music and entertainment, culminating in fireworks over the pier on Sunday night.
This year's parade saw participants adopt a 'Decades of the 20th Century' theme .
Julie Bellamy, chairman of the carnival association, said: "I'm really proud of the people of Felixstowe for coming out in support. Without their donations, we can't put the carnival on.
You may also want to watch:
"We had a wonderful queen and four princesses.
"Thanks to everyone who spent weeks preparing for their part in the parade."
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 4 Did you get in the groove at Harry Palmers club nights back in 2003?
- 5 Ipswich council house rent increase agreed - here's how much your bill will increase
- 6 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 7 Volunteers needed to help leading attraction prepare for future
- 8 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 9 Teenager walking round every Ipswich street to raise money for charity
- 10 Is government considering longer working week post-Brexit?
Thanks also went to parade organiser, John Bellamy, and to Mark and Andrea Barham for their time and effort making the spectacle look spectacular.