Felixstowe: Time to get your running shoes on!
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of runners will take to the streets of Felixstowe for one of the resort’s most popular events of the year.
Preparations are well in hand for the annual Rotary Club of Felixstowe fun run at 11am on Bank Holiday Monday, May 6.
Last year around 800, many in fancy dress, took part – raising cash for their own chosen charities, and also for local, national and international good causes supported by the Rotarians.
This year, following the closure of the Spa Pavilion, there is one important change to the running order for the day with registration for entrants taking place at Felixstowe Town Hall, Underclif Road West.
The course though will be the same, a testing mile round route along the seafront and up and down the cliffs, with people challenged to do as many laps as possible in an hour, sponsored by friends, family and work colleagues.
The commentator’s lorry trailer – where certificates will be presented afterwards – will be outside the Spa as usual.
? Entry fee is £6 adults and £4 under 16s. Sponsorship forms are available from The Felixstowe Star office, 172 Hamilton Road, Felixstowe, IP11 7DU.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 9 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed