Felixstowe: Town urged to get behind Seasiders for big FA Vase match
RESIDENTS are being urged to get behind their football team today – as they play one of their biggest games for some time.
It is 20 years since Felixstowe and Walton United last reached the third round of the FA Vase and the chance to play against one of the top non-league teams in the country.
This afternoon, the Seasiders will entertain East London side Bethnal Green United at The Goldstar Ground in Dellwood Avenue, and club officials hope the game will attract big crowds.
A number of Suffolk sides have done well in the competition, which has its final at Wembley, in the past decade.
Phil Griffiths, press officer for Felixstowe and Walton United, said: “There is nothing better than support to egg a side on and we hope there will be a few of the 3,700 who were at the fireworks spectacular earlier this month turning out to support the side as it represents the town
“Being a Charter Standard Community Club, striving to bring sport to all in the town, it does leave many at the club frustrated by the apathy shown at times.”
Before the game – which kicks off at 3pm – the club will be presenting a cheque for �1,000 to Felixstowe Volunteer Coast Patrol and Rescue Service, and there will be small sided game in front of the stand by the club’s Under 7 squad at 2.15pm.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 10 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
The Under 7s will then act as mascots when the teams come out for the main event.