Felixstowe woman wins tickets to Olympics
FELIXSTOWE: In little more than a year, London will play host to the greatest show on earth – and one Felixstowe woman already knows she will be a part of it.
Coral Rice is celebrating today after she was announced as one of the first 500 people to win tickets to next year’s Olympic Games.
The teaching assistant from Colneis Junior School was awarded the tickets after her name was drawn at random in the Trackside Customer Programme.
Others who have applied will not find out if they have tickets for the London 2012 games until next month but Mrs Rice can now look forward to the summer knowing her tickets are safe.
She said: “I was absolutely amazed when I found out the news, we’re all sports mad in the family and we’ve applied to buy loads of tickets so this is an added bonus.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s hard to say which events I’d most like to go and see, I’m a keen tennis and badminton player but then I think a track event would be ideal.
“Obviously I’d love to go and see the men’s 100m but then I’m sure I’m not the only one! But I’d also like to see Jess Ennis in the heptathlon, anything that Great Britain have a chance in really.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
“The Olympics is always on the TV in our house – I find myself watching it all the time, sometimes more than once.”
Once all applications for tickets to the games have been processed notifications will be sent to all applicants which is expected to be June 24.