Fence demolished by speeding car
SPEEDING motorists have demolished a garden fence twice in a matter of weeks.Surveying the wreckage in a pretty country garden, 79 year-old Agnes Smith called for a 30 mile per hour limit on the Henley Road which passes just yards from her front door.
SPEEDING motorists have demolished a garden fence twice in a matter of weeks.
Surveying the wreckage in a pretty country garden, 79 year-old Agnes Smith called for a 30 mile per hour limit on the Henley Road which passes just yards from her front door.
She said, "It needs a 30 mile per hour limit, but they won't even put chevrons on the road to let drivers know the bend is coming."
The latest accident happened about 9pm yesterday (Tuesday) when a Ford Mondeo ploughed through a fence into the garden.
You may also want to watch:
The accident demolished a fence put up by the last driver to lose control on the twisting country road.
Mrs Smith said; "The last man was ever so nice. He came and cleared everything up and put up a lovely new fence, then someone came and knocked it down again.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
"I heard a bit of a bang and came outside and there it was."