Fire at caravan park

FLAMES licked through a static caravan in a Felixstowe, after a television caught fire.The owners left the van in the Walton Avenue park to buy a gas bottle, leaving the tv on.

FLAMES licked through a static caravan in a Felixstowe, after a television caught fire.

The owners left the van in the Walton Avenue park to buy a gas bottle, leaving the tv on. When they got back, an electrical fault had sparked a small blaze at the back of the set.

Two fire engines were called out from Felixstowe station at 9.40am on Saturday and spent just under 20 minutes putting out the blaze.

Felixstowe Beach Holiday Park general manager Keith Hurst said it was a privately-owned van and nobody had been hurt in the small fire.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus