Fire crew tackles chimney blaze

FIREFIGHTERS had to remove a dangerous chimney pot from a house at Rendlesham today after it caught alight.One fire crew attended the incident in Sycamore Drive at just before 1pm.

FIREFIGHTERS had to remove a dangerous chimney pot from a house at Rendlesham today after it caught alight.

One fire crew attended the incident in Sycamore Drive at just before 1pm.

A fire service spokeswoman said the crew dealing with the chimney fire put out the blaze and removed the chimney pot because of its hazardous position. The incident was dealt with by 1.35pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter