Fire crews called to rubbish blaze
FIRE crews have battled a grass fire in Ipswich.
Crews were called to Ellenbrook Road at 6.35pm today, after receiving reports of grass alight.
The incident was brought under control using buckets of water and the flames were extinguished by 6.52pm.
Meanwhile crews from Haverhill were called to two rubbish fires.
The first incident occurred at 7.10pm in woods near to Hill Farm, Haverhill Road, Little Wratting.
A small quantity of rubbish was found alight and was brought under control by 7.32pm.
A second rubbish fire occurred in a derelict building in Chalkstone Way, Haverhill, at 7.20pm.
- 1 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
Crews extinguished the blaze using a water backpack.