Fire crews tackle undergrowth blaze
FIRE crews tackled an undergrowth blaze in Martlesham.The fire broke out at about 4.40am on Sunday and engulfed about 50 square metres of undergrowth near Broomfield, Martlesham.
FIRE crews tackled an undergrowth blaze in Martlesham.
The fire broke out at about 4.40am on Sunday and engulfed about 50 square metres of undergrowth near Broomfield, Martlesham.
Firefighters used a single hose reel to douse the blaze.
At the same time a further fire was discovered in a bin and was extinguished with buckets of water.
Both fires were out by 5.05am.
The previous day firefighters in Ipswich were called to a car fire in Bostock Road, Ipswich, at around 11.30pm where a single hose reel was used to put out the flames within 30 minutes.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?