Fire in Woodbridge home

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Woodbridge today after smoke was seen coming out of the letterbox.A crew from Woodbridge and one from the fire service's headquarters received reports of smoke coming from the house and were alerted to the incident by an automatic alarm at around 5pm.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Woodbridge today after smoke was seen coming out of the letterbox.

A crew from Woodbridge and one from the fire service's headquarters received reports of smoke coming from the house and were alerted to the incident by an automatic alarm at around 5pm.

When they arrived at the terraced house in St John's Street, they found one room heavily smoked logged.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire said the fire had been caused by cooking that had been left unattended.


You may also want to watch:


The fire was out by 5.15pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter