Fire near timber firm
A BLAZE destroying over 40 wooden pallets and damaging a small building was controlled by firefighters.The fire near Holden Timber, Duke Street, Ipswich, spread across a yard used partly as a lorry park, leaving the area a blackened wreck.
A BLAZE destroying over 40 wooden pallets and damaging a small building was controlled by firefighters.
The fire near Holden Timber, Duke Street, Ipswich, spread across a yard used partly as a lorry park, leaving the area a blackened wreck.
Nearby businesses Holden Timber and Bedford and Jennings, escaped from any damage to their buildings and compounds, which held large stocks of wood.
But the windows on a small permanent building were broken and its roof was damaged by the fire, while a nearby derelict portable building escaped from the blaze.
The fire was controlled by two fire crews half an hour after being called out at 11.53pm on Friday night.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich