Fire near timber firm
A BLAZE destroying over 40 wooden pallets and damaging a small building was controlled by firefighters.The fire near Holden Timber, Duke Street, Ipswich, spread across a yard used partly as a lorry park, leaving the area a blackened wreck.
A BLAZE destroying over 40 wooden pallets and damaging a small building was controlled by firefighters.
The fire near Holden Timber, Duke Street, Ipswich, spread across a yard used partly as a lorry park, leaving the area a blackened wreck.
Nearby businesses Holden Timber and Bedford and Jennings, escaped from any damage to their buildings and compounds, which held large stocks of wood.
But the windows on a small permanent building were broken and its roof was damaged by the fire, while a nearby derelict portable building escaped from the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was controlled by two fire crews half an hour after being called out at 11.53pm on Friday night.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 6 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows