Five Ipswich fans to face affray charges after violence at pub in Rotherham
- Credit: PA NEWS
Five Ipswich fans are to appear in court to face an affray charge after violence flared in a pub before Town’s game at Rotherham.
The supporters have been charged in connection with an incident at the Blue Coat pub in The Crofts area of Rotherham ahead of Ipswich’s match at the New York Stadium on February 7.
South Yorkshire Police confirmed the five supporters are among eight fans who are to face charges after trouble broke out.
The other three are believed to be Rotherham supporters.
Ryan Robertson, 21, of Lonsdale Close, Ipswich, Jack Chapman, 25, of Belstead Avenue, Ipswich, Grant Cross, 49, of Winsky Avenue, Southbourne, Bournemouth, and Jakob Betts, 22, of Alston Road, Ipswich, were charged after answering bail.
You may also want to watch:
The quartet are due to appear before Rotherham Magistrates Court on June 25.
Another man from Ipswich has been summonsed to court for the same day when he will be formally charged with affray.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 40 new technology jobs announced at BT
Three of the men were arrested on February 27 before Ipswich’s Championship game with Norwich at Portman Road on March 1, before being released on bail pending further enquiries.
The three other men to be charged are all from Yorkshire.
They are Robert Harpham, 32, of Charnwood Street, Swinton, Tyronne Wilkinson, 39, of Ladyoak Road, East Herringthorpe, Rotherham, and David Allen, 39, of Sheridan Drive, Herringthorpe, Rotherham.
They are due to appear at Rotherham Magistrates’ Court on June 11.