Flower show attracts huge crowds
GALLERY It was blooming marvellous.
IT was blooming marvellous.
Hundreds of people flocked to Thompson & Morgan's open day in Ipswich over the weekend where the seed company showed off a potentially world record breaking floral masterpiece at their Poplar Lane trial ground.
The company hopes to have created the world's largest horizontal wall of flowers, measuring nearly 200ft and boasting more than 20,000 blooms.
Those attending the open weekend got to see the display up close at the open garden before the Guinness adjudicators give it the once over.
You may also want to watch:
Clare Dixey, PR manager of Thompson & Morgan, said: “We always put on a magnificent display and always try to improve every year to make it better for our customers.
“We decided to create a huge wall of flowers. It looks absolutely spectacular. Whatever pictures are taken, they don't do it justice.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
If Thompson & Morgan are successful in their record bid, it won't be the first time the firm has made it into in the history books.
In 2004 they took the record for displaying the largest amount of potato varieties.