Yellow weather warning for fog covers parts of Suffolk
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A yellow weather warning for fog has been issued by the Met Office for this morning, creating difficult conditions for drivers.
The warning lasts from 3am to 10am today and covers Ipswich, up to Orford, down to Harwich and Colchester.
However, it misses the west and north of Suffolk in areas such as Haverhill, Bury and Newmarket.
When driving in fog it is advised to drive slowly with dipped headlights, as full beams reflect off the fog creating a white wall effect.
Fog lights should be turned on, but swiftly turned off once visibility improves.
Send us your pictures of the fog by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 2 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 3 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 4 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 5 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 6 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 9 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 10 'Blue sky thinking' needed to turn Suffolk fortress into tourist attraction