Former Chantry teacher due in dock
BRYAN Nelson, former deputy head teacher of Chantry High School in Ipswich, was due to stand trial today on child sex charges.Nelson, who is in his early 70s, was charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
By Colin Adwent
BRYAN Nelson, former deputy head teacher of Chantry High School in Ipswich, was due to stand trial today on child sex charges.
Nelson, who is in his early 70s, was charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
The charges relate to incidents alleged to have taken place between January 1, 1983 and December 31, 1988.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson, of Woodbridge Road East, Ipswich, first appeared in court charged with the offences in November last year.
His trial was scheduled to begin at Bury Crown Court this afternoon.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 6 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
Nelson, who ran a nationally renowned sports coach, has been on bail since he first appeared in South East Suffolk Magistrates' in Ipswich last year.