Former Chantry teacher due in dock
BRYAN Nelson, former deputy head teacher of Chantry High School in Ipswich, was due to stand trial today on child sex charges.Nelson, who is in his early 70s, was charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
By Colin Adwent
BRYAN Nelson, former deputy head teacher of Chantry High School in Ipswich, was due to stand trial today on child sex charges.
Nelson, who is in his early 70s, was charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
The charges relate to incidents alleged to have taken place between January 1, 1983 and December 31, 1988.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson, of Woodbridge Road East, Ipswich, first appeared in court charged with the offences in November last year.
His trial was scheduled to begin at Bury Crown Court this afternoon.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
Nelson, who ran a nationally renowned sports coach, has been on bail since he first appeared in South East Suffolk Magistrates' in Ipswich last year.