Former Chantry teacher due in dock
BRYAN Nelson, former deputy head teacher of Chantry High School in Ipswich, was due to stand trial today on child sex charges.Nelson, who is in his early 70s, was charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
By Colin Adwent
BRYAN Nelson, former deputy head teacher of Chantry High School in Ipswich, was due to stand trial today on child sex charges.
Nelson, who is in his early 70s, was charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
The charges relate to incidents alleged to have taken place between January 1, 1983 and December 31, 1988.
Nelson, of Woodbridge Road East, Ipswich, first appeared in court charged with the offences in November last year.
His trial was scheduled to begin at Bury Crown Court this afternoon.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 6 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
Nelson, who ran a nationally renowned sports coach, has been on bail since he first appeared in South East Suffolk Magistrates' in Ipswich last year.