Former students re-live schooldays
FORMER Claydon High students got together to catch up, two decades after leaving school.The class of 1987 met at the Bramford Angel to share memories over a few drinks.
FORMER Claydon High students got together to catch up, two decades after leaving school.
The class of 1987 met at the Bramford Angel to share memories over a few drinks.
The reunion was attended by nearly 50 of the old classmates and according to one of the organisers, David Jackson, not a lot had changed.
Mr Jackson, 37, from Bramford, said: “Some of us have got a bit older and greyer but everyone is still recognisable. I'm still in contact with a few people from the area who I knew were coming.
“We had people from as far away as Manchester, Somerset and Bristol, who I had contacted over the internet. One guy is now a pilot and another is a cameraman.”
James and Lisa Studd, who helped put the reunion together, were childhood sweethearts and have been together since high school.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 5 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Everyone had a great evening and according to Mr Jackson, even a former bully had mellowed in the years since high school.
He said: “He has calmed down a bit now. Everyone drank lots and had a good time. We put on some food and some songs from the time like Adam and the Ants. I would have been happy with about 20 people but a lot more turned up.”