Four in court over alleged gang rape
Police are today desperately trying to trace a Good Samaritan who came to the aid of a sobbing teenage girl who had allegedly been gang raped.
FELIXSTOWE: Police are today desperately trying to trace a Good Samaritan who came to the aid of a sobbing teenage girl who had allegedly been gang raped.
Officers previously revealed the distressed 16-year-old left a house in Holland Road, Felixstowe - where the alleged incident took place - and walked more than half-a-mile along Felixstowe seafront.
She was eventually discovered by a man who was concerned at her highly-emotional state and who offered to help her.
The man led the frightened teen to a police officer so that she could report the incident and be given proper care.
However, detectives investigating the alleged crime - which is said to have happened in the early hours of New Year's Day - say the man then left before officers could take down his details.
They are keen to speak to him again and have appealed for him - or anyone who knows who he is - to get in touch with police by calling 01473 613500.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
Specialist officers have been providing care and counselling for the teenager since the alleged ordeal on Friday.
Four men have been arrested and charged with raping the girl - yesterday the quartet appeared before magistrates in Ipswich in the first hearing of their case.
Aivaras Urbonas, 24, of Beach Road West, Felixstowe, Mickevicius Mindaugas, 30, of Holland Road, Felixstowe, Edgaras Sliburis, 19, of Peterhead in Scotland and Kestutis Jaraminas, 21, of Maiden Street, Peterhead were all remanded in custody.
None of the four men entered a plea and will next appear at a preliminary hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on January 14.
Six people were originally arrested and the remaining two have been released on bail.
A 20-year-old man has been bailed to return to Ipswich Police Station on March 17 and a 22-year-old man has also been bailed to return to the police station on February 22.
Were you the Good Samaritan, or do you know who he is - contact the Evening Star's Felixstowe newsdesk on 01394 284109 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org