Fourth prisoner this week escapes jail
A MAN is on the run from Hollesley Bay prison today just hours before two other escapees were captured.Sean Oldfield, 27, from South Yorkshire, is the fourth person to escape from the open unit this week.
A MAN is on the run from Hollesley Bay prison today just hours before two other escapees were captured.
Sean Oldfield, 27, from South Yorkshire, is the fourth person to escape from the open unit this week. At 5ft 10ins tall, of medium with brown hair and brown eyes, wearing blue jeans and a blue and white striped shirt, Oldfield was reported missing at around 5.30am.
He was serving a five-year sentence for burglary and was due for release next year. He is believed to have links with the Norwich area.
A 28-year-old man and a 30-year-old-man, who went missing between 8pm – 8.30pm yesterday were arrested in Ipswich about 9.50am today. The pair were stopped in a car which had been reported stolen. They were both taken to Ipswich police station.
These latest escapes come just days after Richard Harrison absconded on Sunday night.
The 24-year-old was serving a sentence for alcohol related offences.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
He was located by police officers in Lowestoft on Monday and taken back to prison.
If you have any information on Oldfield's whereabouts please contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500. Any sighting him should not approach but call 999 immediately.