6 days to go until free hot dogs at Ipswich Cornhill
- Credit: Archant
The Hot Sausage Company is celebrating 30 years of trading at Ipswich Cornhill by giving away free hot dogs.
The popular fast-food stand will be marking its anniversary on Monday, June 10 - 30 years after they began trading back in 1989 when their carts were black and Grimwades was still open at the Cornhill.
Five years ago, the hot dog company who also operates stalls in Colchester and a number of other locations across the UK, celebrated its 25th year of trading in Ipswich by flogging its hot dogs for free as a thank you to its loyal customers.
Queues reportedly stretched back beyond Debenhams in 2014 after news soon spread of the free giveaway.
On the day around 1,000 hot dogs were given away before the stand ran out just before 3pm, and they are hoping for further success with next week's giveaway.
You may also want to watch:
The decision to launch the free hot dog day comes after their Facebook page reached its target of 5,000 likes, way ahead of its closing date of the end of June.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 5 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 6 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 7 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 8 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival