Fresh clues after Ipswich attack
DETECTIVES investigating the sexual assault of an 18-year-old woman in Ipswich, today returned to the scene exactly a week after the attack.Police officers paced the streets around Humber Doucy Lane from midnight until 3am today to carry out checks on passers by.
DETECTIVES investigating the sexual assault of an 18-year-old woman in Ipswich, today returned to the scene exactly a week after the attack.
Police officers paced the streets around Humber Doucy Lane from midnight until 3am today to carry out checks on passers by.
A total of 47 people were interviewed, and police were this weekend evaluating what they had been told to see how it helped their inquiries.
The woman was walking from the town centre towards Barclays Bank on Woodbridge Road at about 2am last Saturday, when a car pulled up alongside her.
She was offered a lift, accepted and got into the car. She was then driven to Humber Doucy Lane, where she was ordered out of the vehicle, taken to the car park of Ipswich Rugby Club and sexually assaulted.
Police were alerted by a resident of Humber Doucy Lane at about 2.20am after the distressed woman knocked on his door after the incident.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 6 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
The 18-year-old was wearing a hip-length cream jacket, a pink top, dark coloured jeans and dark trainers.
Police would like to hear from anyone who remembers seeing someone of this description between the town centre and Barclays Bank on Woodbridge Road between 12.30am and 2.30am.
Detectives would also like to speak to anyone who may have any suspicions about any vehicles seen in the Woodbridge Road/Spring Road and Cauldwell Hall Road area or may have seen a car parked at the entrance of the rugby club in the early hours.
Police are asking anyone who may have information in relation to this inquiry to call Woodbridge CID on 01473 613500.
Are our streets safe enough? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk.