Fruit-themed welcome for Rushmere Hall Primary School’s new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
Pupils, parents and staff at an Ipswich primary school have welcomed their new headteacher in style.
Apple treasure hunts, apple grabbing and pin the worm were among activities enjoyed by children at Rushmere Hall Primary School’s secret garden at a special fruit-themed event which saw Paul Stock join the teaching team.
Mr Stock had previously been headteacher at Trimley St Martin Primary School.
The event, organised by Rushmere Hall’s parent fundraising team, also saw youngsters take part in a competition to see who could peel an apple with the longest piece of peel.
“This event was an example of how all members of the Rushmere community are supporting and helping to raise the profile of this improving school,” said Mr Stock.
“I have received such a warm welcome from everyone here, and with the support of all members of the community we are already moving forward with improving the provision for children at our school.”
The Rushmere Hall Fundraisers started as a group back in March this year – and they have already raised £2,000 to help fund school projects.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
Initiatives currently under way include a museum at the school displaying children’s work, extra books and furniture for the library and a climbing wall for reception children.
The team would like to thank Coxy’s Fruit and Veg from Ipswich Market and Kiln Farm Nursery for supporting the event.