Fruit-themed welcome for Rushmere Hall Primary School’s new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
Pupils, parents and staff at an Ipswich primary school have welcomed their new headteacher in style.
Apple treasure hunts, apple grabbing and pin the worm were among activities enjoyed by children at Rushmere Hall Primary School’s secret garden at a special fruit-themed event which saw Paul Stock join the teaching team.
Mr Stock had previously been headteacher at Trimley St Martin Primary School.
The event, organised by Rushmere Hall’s parent fundraising team, also saw youngsters take part in a competition to see who could peel an apple with the longest piece of peel.
“This event was an example of how all members of the Rushmere community are supporting and helping to raise the profile of this improving school,” said Mr Stock.
You may also want to watch:
“I have received such a warm welcome from everyone here, and with the support of all members of the community we are already moving forward with improving the provision for children at our school.”
The Rushmere Hall Fundraisers started as a group back in March this year – and they have already raised £2,000 to help fund school projects.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
Initiatives currently under way include a museum at the school displaying children’s work, extra books and furniture for the library and a climbing wall for reception children.
The team would like to thank Coxy’s Fruit and Veg from Ipswich Market and Kiln Farm Nursery for supporting the event.