Fun day and concert to boost charity
A DOWN'S syndrome charity is holding a Circus fun day and ABBA tribute concert in Trinity Park, Ipswich, it was announced today. Hosted by Ipswich-based Local Opportunities and Awareness of Down's Syndrome (LOADS) - a charity set up five years ago to raise awareness and support families with children diagnosed with Down's Syndrome - the event takes place on Saturday September 8.
A DOWN'S syndrome charity is holding a Circus fun day and ABBA tribute concert in Trinity Park, Ipswich, it was announced today.
Hosted by Ipswich-based Local Opportunities and Awareness of Down's Syndrome (LOADS) - a charity set up five years ago to raise awareness and support families with children diagnosed with Down's Syndrome - the event takes place on Saturday September 8.
Rachel Waters LOADS secretary said: “Our fun day is a very important event for the charity. It is an opportunity for families with Downs Syndrome children as well as the general public to enjoy an afternoon of fun.
“This year we really have pulled out all the stops and invested all the money raised from our fashion show at Ipswich Town Football Club earlier this year and our ball, which was supported by Lilia and Darren from Strictly Come Dancing.
You may also want to watch:
“We have booked some exciting acts to perform, with the opportunity for the children to take part, there will be displays in the main arena, rides, face painting and a beer tent and barbeque.”
During the evening ABBA Gold will be performing along with a disco.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
The Circus Fun Day is at Trinity Park on Saturday September 8 from 1.00pm-5pm. Tickets are £3 per car or family. The ABBA Gold Tribute Band and Disco is also at Trinity Park from 7pm-11pm, Tickets cost £5 per person
For tickets and further information contact LOADS on 01473 430434 or 07904 196812.
Have you benefited from the work of LOADS? What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to email@example.com
LOADS was set up five years ago aims to provide support and information to expectant and new parents as well as families and carers.
The charity's work starts in the hospital providing support and information packs and further information packs are being produced to cater for each age of the child's development.
Rachel added: “There is so much negativity attached to Downs Syndrome and we are aiming to change this. We had tremendous support from our two major events this year. We would still however love for more people to get involved with our charity.”