Funky fun for young
YOUNGSTERS are being tempted off the streets by the prospect of creating junk funk.Ipswich Crime Reduction Panel has moved to head-off half-term mischief making by giving Whitton youngsters something to do.
YOUNGSTERS are being tempted off the streets by the prospect of creating junk funk.
Ipswich Crime Reduction Panel has moved to head-off half-term mischief making by giving Whitton youngsters something to do.
The Whitton church hall workshops will show youngsters how to create instruments from pieces of junk.
Other sessions will deal with anti-social behaviour and drug abuse.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the week a junk funk CD will be recorded and a copy given to every young musician.
And Evening Star cartoonist Jock Davies will be on-hand throughout the week to record events in his own unique style.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors