Further night roadworks set for Beech Road/Main Road junction in Kesgrave
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A series of roadworks will get underway this evening at a key Kesgrave junction – just three weeks after a three-week period of closures for traffic light upgrades.
On August 14, work began at the traffic light junction of Beech Road with Main Road in Kesgrave for traffic light upgrades, footpath widening and road resurfacing.
Suffolk County Council ensured the work was carried out at night and during the school summer holidays to lessen the impact the temporary lights would have on traffic – particularly at peak times.
Now, it has emerged that another three nights of roadworks are taking place this week, starting last night, which will again involve a set of temporary traffic lights.
But a spokesman from Suffolk County Council, which has responsibility for the latest works, said it was not work that could have been carried out during the previous night closures.
The spokesman said: “It is a CCTV survey they need to take within the pipes to try and establish if there is any reasoning for flooding in that area.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that it was work that “couldn’t be done at the same time” as the nature of the works would have disrupted existing work going on there, and would have caused the existing work to over-run.
He added that it was three days of planned night work to again lessen the impact on traffic.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 6 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
The work follows a summer of work on the busy road which acts as one of the main links between Ipswich and Martlesham.
Earlier in the summer, similar traffic light upgrades and footpath improvement work at the Bell Lane junction with Main Road, before contractors moved on to the Beech Road junction.
Work will take place at the junction between 7pm in the evening and 5am in the morning, and is due to finish on September 28.
Motorists are being advised that there are likely to be some delays during the evenings while this work takes place.