Gallery: Explosive firework displays at Colchester and Braintree
- Credit: citizenside.com
Bonfire night got off to an early start in East Anglia at the weekend with spectacular displays at the Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds and Christchurch Park, Ipswich.
And there was more explosive fun planned for November 5.
The skies over Braintree Rugby Club and Colchester Castle were lit up with a fantastic firework shows.
And tomorrow sees three more chances enjoy fireworks during this year’s bonfire period.
The annual Big Night Out will be held at Melford Hall Park while Ransomes Sports & Social Club, Ipswich will host a display and there Millennium Green in Sproughton is hosting a family-friendly event with plenty of stalls and a vast range of refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
There are further events taking place on Saturday, November 8.
Firework displays will take place at Old Buckenham School, Ipswich, the Pageant Field in Framlingham and Stratford St Mary Primary School
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
Lots of family fun is to be had with fairs, live music and plenty of food stalls to fill bellies.
Will you be wrapping up and going along to an organised display? or lighting up the sky over your home with your own fireworks.
Share your photos with us via iwitness24