Gallery: Fairy tales come true at Trimley carnival
A sea of colour greeted crowds watching this year’s Trimley St Mary carnival procession.
The event on Saturday saw floats of all shapes and sizes display scenes ranging from Robin Hood and his Merry Men to Snow White and the Seven Dwarves as those taking part created their interpretation on the fairy tale and nursery rhyme theme.
A whole host of other entertainers also took part in the procession, including majorettes, which went along High Road.
The procession began in Faulkeners Way, Trimley St Mary and ended at the Trimley Social Club in Trimley St Martin.
Sharon Iannuzzi, chairman of the organising committee, said: “This is the third year since we took over it and for us this year was a record-breaking procession for the number of people taking part.
“There were a lot of local groups from pre-schools, scouts and other organisations who took part and there was a really colourful procession.
“The turn out to watch was really good too with people lining the High Road, which was lovely. The atmosphere was fantastic.”
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 6 Evicted Suffolk family to move into £6,000 double-decker bus bought on eBay
- 7 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 8 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 9 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 10 Delicious food and drink as artisan market returns to Ipswich Cornhill
The event also saw a fun day at the social club including a fairground, majorette, fitness and karate demonstrations and craft stalls.
In each of the past two years the carnival has raised £2,500 to support local groups, and organisers say they are on track to match the same figure this year.
Anyone interested in joining the carnival committee for next year’s event, being held on the second weekend of July, should email firstname.lastname@example.org or find the event on Facebook.