Gallery: Floral tributes to crash girls
FLORAL tributes have been laid at the scene where two girls died and another was seriously injured following a crash.
HUNDREDS of tributes have been flooding in for the two young women killed after a car ploughed into while they walked home from a night out.
Messages from across Ipswich have been received over the weekend as the town pulls together and mourns the tragic loss 25-year-old Kate Wasyluk of Irlam Road, Ipswich and her friend 26-year-old Emma Harold of Foxhall Road, Ipswich.
Meanwhile in a double blow for the Harold family, Emma's 25-year-old sister Beccy was also involved in the crash and is currently in stable but serious condition in Ipswich Hospital.
And as more tributes come in it has emerged that the girls' mother had also died.
You may also want to watch:
One tribute on The Evening Star website from friend of the Harold family, Lucy Cranmer said: “I'm a close friend of the whole Harold family, am gonna miss Emma very much, she will be with her mum and in our hearts forever. Also my heartfelt love goes to Kate's family and friends.”
More than 20 floral tributes line the pavement in Foxhall Road marking the spot where the fatal collision occurred just after midnight on Saturday.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
Among the tributes are one to Kate by Nan, auntie Margaret, uncle Ben, Francesca, Jason, Becky, Lucil and Ben, which reads: “You will be sadly missed and always in our hearts. You were a beautiful daughter, sister, girlfriend, granddaughter, niece and cousin.”
And the elder sister of Emma and Beccy Harold left her message, Shelly Luetchford said: “Remembering my beautiful little sister Emma and her friend Kate. Will never forget you. Lots of love always and forever, Shelly, Matthew, Josh, Nathan and David.”
Others attached to bouquets laid at the scene read: “Kate, you were a huge part of my life for six years. I cannot believe this. Such a sad loss. God really has an angel in you. A life that should never have been taken. Sleep tight in heaven. My memories of you will live on forever. Sweet dreams, Arnie.”
“To the beautiful Kate. You will always be in our memories and be loved. You made high school what it was for me, Shipon.”
“Kate it is not fair you were taken away from us so early in life. I'm blessed to have known you. RIP. Love Triv.”