On your marks! Historic images of Ipswich School’s cross country run from 1975
- Credit: Archant
On your marks, get set, go! We take a look back at the Ipswich School cross country in 1975.
The young students of Ipswich School tackled their way through muddy ditches, slippery slopes and forded streams to compete against their class mates for cross country champion.
Some of the students appeared to be struggling their way through the tough terrain, while others were fresh faced and ready to do the course all over again.
The parents of the youngsters spectated, alongside staff and other Ipswich School students, as they encouraged them through the challenging event.
Some of the students after the race appeared fulfilled with their cross country achievements.
You may also want to watch:
The people running in this race will be well into their 50s by now - did any go on to become becoming budding athletes?
? Do you recognise any of the faces in our gallery - or did you take part? To share your memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial