On your marks! Historic images of Ipswich School’s cross country run from 1975
- Credit: Archant
On your marks, get set, go! We take a look back at the Ipswich School cross country in 1975.
The young students of Ipswich School tackled their way through muddy ditches, slippery slopes and forded streams to compete against their class mates for cross country champion.
Some of the students appeared to be struggling their way through the tough terrain, while others were fresh faced and ready to do the course all over again.
The parents of the youngsters spectated, alongside staff and other Ipswich School students, as they encouraged them through the challenging event.
Some of the students after the race appeared fulfilled with their cross country achievements.
You may also want to watch:
The people running in this race will be well into their 50s by now - did any go on to become becoming budding athletes?
? Do you recognise any of the faces in our gallery - or did you take part? To share your memories, email email@example.com
- 1 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 3 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 4 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 5 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 6 Go-ahead urged for 255-home first phase of massive new 'garden suburb'
- 7 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 8 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 9 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 10 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex