Gallery: Memories brought back as Trimley Carnival prepares to ride again
CELEBRATIONS are still going on for residents in two villages as Christmas brought along an unexpected present – the announcement of the return of Trimley Carnival.
Preparations for the event will begin in the new year after events organiser Sharon Iannuzzi and pal Michelle Wood decided to take on the role of organisers.
The duo will start preparing in the new year and homeowners and former residents have expressed their delight at the news.
Adrian Underwood, who used to be involved in the carnival, said: “I am delighted that the Carnival has been saved. I know from personal experience how hard it is to get the support needed to keep this tradition going.
“I was resident in Trimley St. Mary from 1990 to 1997 and was closely involved with the Carnival for some time. Best of luck to the new organisers.”
You may also want to watch:
Heavy rain forced last summer’s carnival to be cancelled for the first time in 52 years and its future was plunged into doubt when the organisers decided to step down.
But Mrs Iannuzzi, 35, is determined that it will ride again on July 13 next year and is calling for people and businesses to help.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
If you think you can help by sponsoring the event or a plaque, please call Mrs Iannuzzi on 07859 015311.
? What are your memories of the carnival? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org