Gallery: Memories brought back as Trimley Carnival prepares to ride again
CELEBRATIONS are still going on for residents in two villages as Christmas brought along an unexpected present – the announcement of the return of Trimley Carnival.
Preparations for the event will begin in the new year after events organiser Sharon Iannuzzi and pal Michelle Wood decided to take on the role of organisers.
The duo will start preparing in the new year and homeowners and former residents have expressed their delight at the news.
Adrian Underwood, who used to be involved in the carnival, said: “I am delighted that the Carnival has been saved. I know from personal experience how hard it is to get the support needed to keep this tradition going.
“I was resident in Trimley St. Mary from 1990 to 1997 and was closely involved with the Carnival for some time. Best of luck to the new organisers.”
Heavy rain forced last summer’s carnival to be cancelled for the first time in 52 years and its future was plunged into doubt when the organisers decided to step down.
But Mrs Iannuzzi, 35, is determined that it will ride again on July 13 next year and is calling for people and businesses to help.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 10 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
If you think you can help by sponsoring the event or a plaque, please call Mrs Iannuzzi on 07859 015311.
? What are your memories of the carnival? Send an e-mail to email@example.com