Gallery: New rider for the Witches and a special award for hero Dawn Garrett - the week in pictures
- Credit: Archant
A look back at the photos that made the headlines this week.
Ipswich Witches are celebrating after signing Richie Worrall,
Dawn Garrett was post humously named a Star of Suffolk at our annual award ceremony last Friday. Her family were special guests at the event held at Suffolk new College to recognise those members of our community who do extraordinary things.
Workers from Birketts Law firm picked up their shovels to help plant 150 trees which will eventually create Birketts copse. The planting, at Bourne Park, coincides with the companies 150th anniversary.
Age UK Suffolk unveiled their Christmas window display in Ipswich and, via Twitter, challenged other shops to rival it. They went all out this year with snowmen and even a layer of snow.
Editor Terry Hunt donned a Christmas cardigan, lent to him by the BBC’s Mark Murphy, to launch our Christmas carol service.
The New Wolsey’s rock and roll panto, Dick Whittington, opened to rave reviews. And wildlife enthusiasts Brian and Margaret Holland shared some oft heir winter photos.
- 1 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 2 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 7 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 8 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
A tardis landed at Northgate High School to mark the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who and encourage children to take more interest in reading.