Floating along to Ipswich Carnival - What are your memories from the 1970s, 80s and 90s?
- Credit: Archive
What are your memories of Ipswich Carnival over the years?
The event was a hugely popular annual fixture for many years, with hundreds turning out to cheer on the procession, before joining in the activities at Christchurch Park.
A different theme was set each year. The 1983 carnival took a floral theme, with many people dressing as flowers, while others decorated their floats in the style of a garden party.
And in 1995 the carnival gained a touch of magic, with staff and pupils from Handford Hall Primary School wearing some spectacular Narnia costumes.
Local drama companies also publicised their shows, with the cast of a production of classic musical Oklahoma taking part in full costume in 1973.
You may also want to watch:
To share your memories of Ipswich Carnival, email email@example.com To order copies of photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 2 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 3 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 4 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 5 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 6 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 9 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 10 First doses administered at Ipswich's mass vaccination centre