Gallery: Our eBay wedding will rival Royal event
One bride-to-be will be marrying her Prince Charming in a wedding dress bought from auction website eBay for �120.
The other has designers falling over themselves to create the hotly awaited dress when she weds the future king of England on the same day.
The weddings of Chantry mum-of-two Sam Wood and Kate Middleton may both be happening on April 29, but that is where the similarities end.
Miss Wood and her fiance Danny Page will be getting hitched at Suffolk Register Office and then celebrating with family and friends in St Clement’s Sport and Social Club, Ipswich.
On the other hand, Miss Middleton and Prince William will be watched by millions across the world as they commit to each other at Westminster Abbey, and will then have a “do” back at Buckingham Palace.
Miss Wood, 32, and Mr Page, 26, have chosen Royal blue as the colour scheme for their forthcoming nuptials but set the date for their big day before the royal wedding was even announced.
The excited wife-to-be, of Woolverstone Close, said: “We chose Royal blue for the bridesmaid dresses and I presume they will too.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 4 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 7 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 10 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
“Ours is going to be very different, we have done it on a very tight budget because I am at college at the moment and Danny is only working part-time as Asda.”
The bargain hunter has shopped around for the very best deals and kept costs to a minimum whereas the bill for the Royal wedding is expected to run into several millions.
Miss Wood said she made a list of everything she needed for her big day – and then switched on her computer.
“I ordered my wedding dress from China through eBay, it was made-to-measure and it cost �120 including delivery.
“It has arrived and it fits perfectly. I have been looking at other dresses but I don’t like any as much as mine and it was only a fraction of the cost of the others.”
Her five bridesmaids – including sister Rachel Wood, 20, and future sister-in-law Emma Page, 27 – will wear full-length gowns also shipped from China.
“They have helped out with the cost of their dresses, which is handy. I can’t wait to see Kate’s wedding and see what her bridesmaids are going to wear. I bet mine look better and it would have only cost me a fraction of the price.”
Miss Wood added: “We are not going to be in any debt when we start our married life together and we have done this all ourselves, just me and Danny paying for little bits as we go along, and we are quite proud of that.”