Gallery: Princess Anne visits Hollesley group of Riding for the Disabled Association
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
MONTHS of preparation and hardwork came to fruition yesterday when Princess Anne visited a much loved Suffolk charity.
Her Royal Highness dropped by the Hollesley group of the Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA), at Pettistree Farm in Sutton, near Woodbridge.
As well as unveiling a plaque to mark her visit and the group’s 25th anniversary she also handed out long service awards to both volunteers and horses and grade three awards to children.
She watched a variety of displays that included carriage driving, adult riding and a musical demonstration by children on the theme of the Lion King, before presenting everyone who took part with a rosette.
Princess Anne, who was handed a posie by youngster Hope Puttock, is president of the RDA and Suzanne Hammond, director of the Hollesley group, said they were privileged to have her along.
“She last visited when we were based at Hollesley so she hadn’t seen the new premises,” she said. “A lot of preparation went into and there was months of hard work by our volunteers. It was an incredible honour. We haven’t had anyone of that profile visit us here before.
“She gave a lovely speech and thanked all of us for keeping RDA going and how wonderful it was. She met everyone and said ‘hello’ to all our volunteers, spending a lot of time talking to them and asking how long they had been with us and learning about what we do.”
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
Anyone who would like to volunteer for RDA or would like to learn more about the charity can contact the Hollesley group on 01394 410014 or email email@example.com.