Gallery: Reader sends in chaotic pictures as motorists manoeuvre out of way of falling trees
- Credit: Archant
Readers are sending in their own dramatic pictures and video as the St Jude’s storm moves across the region.
Toria Watts sent in these images of the devastation caused by this morning’s stormy weather in Ipswich.
She was in Nacton Road when her husband Simon helped motorists as they were travelling through the town.
He said: “It all kicked off between 7am-9am. It was at about 8am when I was pulling branches off the car. I got branches away from the road and helped police to try and get the traffic moving. It was quite crazy.”
He said a man whose car was struck by a branch had been lucky it had not gone through the windscreen.
“He was a bit shaken, I made sure he was alright and if he needed any help,” he said.
“When the Orwell Bridge was shut cars started to queue up in Nacton Road. When the wind started to pick up I thought they would get debris falling on them.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 10 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
Police and Mr Watts worked to push a tree off a bus and clear the road of the debris left by high winds.
Send in your pictures and video to email@example.com