Gas explosion demolishes pub
EMERGENCY services were called after a blast at a disused pub.Five fire engines and two ambulances were at the scene at the Florence Nightingale pub on Beckett Street in the Burmantofts area of Leeds at around 1.
EMERGENCY services were called after a blast at a disused pub.
Five fire engines and two ambulances were at the scene at the Florence Nightingale pub on Beckett Street in the Burmantofts area of Leeds at around 1.38pm today.
Debris was scatted over a wide area and some nearby cars had smashed windows as a result of the gas explosion.
Part of the pub has been reduced to a pile of bricks and wood while one wall appears to be still standing.
You may also want to watch:
Five people are being treated in hospital for injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
Several road closures are in place and police are advising people to stay away from the area and to find alternative routes for their journeys.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 3 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 4 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
- 10 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs