Gas explosion leaves woman badly burnt

A WOMAN has suffered serious burns today after a gas explosion in a Thetford shed.

A WOMAN has suffered serious burns today after a gas explosion in a Thetford shed.

The 65-year-old was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with head, neck and facial burns following the explosion at about 2.30pm.

The shed was completely destroyed in the explosion, which is believed to have involved a gas bottle.

The woman was treated by an anaesthetist in the helicopter and was due to be transferred to the specialist burns unit at Chelmsford's Broomfield Hospital.


You may also want to watch:


It is not thought that anyone else was hurt in the explosion.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter