Gazza sectioned for second time
FOOTBALL legend Paul Gascoigne has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act for the second time, it emerged today.Hertfordshire police revealed the news after they were called to a report involving the troubled former England star in Hemel Hempstead yesterday.
FOOTBALL legend Paul Gascoigne has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act for the second time, it emerged today.
Hertfordshire police revealed the news after they were called to a report involving the troubled former England star in Hemel Hempstead yesterday.
A spokesman said: “Police were called just after 12.30pm on Sunday following a report that a 42-year-old man had approached a member of the public who was unknown to him, appearing unwell and in an agitated state in Hemel Hempstead.
“Officers arrived and accompanied the man to hospital so he could be checked over. He was sectioned under the Mental Health Act.”
You may also want to watch:
The news comes just a few months after the ex-Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio and Rangers player was previously sectioned under the Act in February.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial