Get in the swim for charity
HERE'S your chance to get fit this year while helping Marie Curie Cancer Care in the process. Ipswich's Crown Pools is inviting people to sign up for a healthy New Year challenge to support the charity by registering for Swimathon 2007's “Get In and Swim”.
HERE'S your chance to get fit this year while helping Marie Curie Cancer Care in the process.
Ipswich's Crown Pools is inviting people to sign up for a healthy New Year challenge to support the charity by registering for Swimathon 2007's “Get In and Swim”.
The search is on for swimmers willing to take on the challenge of a hearty five kilometre swim at the event between March 22 and 25.
Councillor Judy Terry, Ipswich Borough Council's arts, culture & leisure portfolio-holder, said: “Many people set themselves health goals in the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
“Swimathon 2007 is the perfect opportunity for everyone in Ipswich and Suffolk to fulfil New Year resolutions while raising much needed funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care services in the local community.”
Marie Curie Cancer Care provides high quality nursing, totally free, to give terminally ill people the choice of dying at home supported by their families.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Swimathon is open to everyone, inviting people to set their own personal challenge by accomplishing a distance of their choice.
Distances range from the five kilometre challenge to shorter swims of 2.5k or 1.5k.
For those interested in joining forces with friends, colleagues or family, the 5k challenge can also be completed as part of team.
Or if you prefer to do it all at your own pace, you can join the Simply Swim challenge, which allows you to cover any distance at any participating pool, any time.
To register or for more information visit www.swimathon.org or call the Swimathon hotline on 0845 3670036.
Crown Pools will be holding Swimathon 2007 training sessions on Sunday, February 25 between 2pm and 5pm.
Standard registration is £8.50 or £4.50 for concessions.