Get in the swim for charity
HERE'S your chance to get fit this year while helping Marie Curie Cancer Care in the process. Ipswich's Crown Pools is inviting people to sign up for a healthy New Year challenge to support the charity by registering for Swimathon 2007's “Get In and Swim”.
HERE'S your chance to get fit this year while helping Marie Curie Cancer Care in the process.
Ipswich's Crown Pools is inviting people to sign up for a healthy New Year challenge to support the charity by registering for Swimathon 2007's “Get In and Swim”.
The search is on for swimmers willing to take on the challenge of a hearty five kilometre swim at the event between March 22 and 25.
Councillor Judy Terry, Ipswich Borough Council's arts, culture & leisure portfolio-holder, said: “Many people set themselves health goals in the New Year.
“Swimathon 2007 is the perfect opportunity for everyone in Ipswich and Suffolk to fulfil New Year resolutions while raising much needed funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care services in the local community.”
Marie Curie Cancer Care provides high quality nursing, totally free, to give terminally ill people the choice of dying at home supported by their families.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 4 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 8 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 9 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 10 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
Swimathon is open to everyone, inviting people to set their own personal challenge by accomplishing a distance of their choice.
Distances range from the five kilometre challenge to shorter swims of 2.5k or 1.5k.
For those interested in joining forces with friends, colleagues or family, the 5k challenge can also be completed as part of team.
Or if you prefer to do it all at your own pace, you can join the Simply Swim challenge, which allows you to cover any distance at any participating pool, any time.
To register or for more information visit www.swimathon.org or call the Swimathon hotline on 0845 3670036.
Crown Pools will be holding Swimathon 2007 training sessions on Sunday, February 25 between 2pm and 5pm.
Standard registration is £8.50 or £4.50 for concessions.