Get tickets to relive your youth
GET your tickets as soon as possible – that's the message to former members of Felixstowe Youth Club who will be enjoying a reunion this summer.The event is taking place over the weekend June 14 and 15 and organisers say there has been a great response so far.
GET your tickets as soon as possible – that's the message to former members of Felixstowe Youth Club who will be enjoying a reunion this summer.
The event is taking place over the weekend June 14 and 15 and organisers say there has been a great response so far.
It will be just like old times for the former members and a great chance to catch up with each other and turn back the clock to their youth club days.
Reunion organiser Tony Lazell said: "We have had quite a lot of people contact us so far and would love to hear from more who would like to be involved – it's going to be a weekend to remember.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone who was at the youth club in the 1960s or 1970s is welcome. It should be great fun catching up with each other and reliving those old times, all those old memories. Please get your tickets as soon as possible."
The reunion will take place at the old youth club, which met in buildings on the Orwell High School campus in Maidstone Road.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
- 10 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
On the Saturday it is planned to have a typical youth club night with all sorts of activities from 7.30pm, plus a bar and a 60s and 70s disco. Then on the Sunday there will be a family barbecue from midday onwards.
Mr Lazell said many old photographs had been collected for display at the event, and contact had also been made with two former youth club leaders – David Hutchinson and his wife Jill, and David Eastwood, who hoped to attend.
Back in the 1960s and 1970s, youngsters would attend youth clubs and meeting their old schoolfriends for a game of darts or snooker well into their early 20s.
Mr Lazell, who works as a postman, started going to the youth club when he was 16 or 17 and carried on attending until he was about 24. The club also had a junior section for those in their early teens.
Regular meetings are being held to organise the reunion and anyone interested in finding out more should attend the next one on Monday April 28 at 7.45pm at the Youth Community Centre, Orwell High.
Tickets for the event are £3 and area available from Mr Lazell on 01394 283531 or by e-mail at email@example.com or from Ruth Kennard 01394 271572.