Girl dies after falling into pool
A THREE-year-old girl who was found unconscious in a swimming pool has died.The youngster is believed to have fallen into a pool in the back garden of a house in Briarwood Road, Woodbridge, on Thursday.
A THREE-year-old girl who was found unconscious in a swimming pool has died.
The youngster is believed to have fallen into a pool in the back garden of a house in Briarwood Road, Woodbridge, on Thursday.
She was airlifted to hospital before being transferred to St Mary's Hospital in London in a "seriously ill" condition.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed the girl had died yesterday afternoon.
He added police's investigations into the tragedy were continuing.
The coroner is being informed of the death but the girl's name has not yet been released.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
It is believed the alarm was raised at 4.20pm on Thursday after adults realised the youngster was not inside the house and, after a frantic search, they found her unconscious in the small pool.
Following the incident, police issued a warning to people to make sure children are always supervised, especially near water.