Girl Injured In Dog Attack
A TEN-year-old girl has been attacked by a dog in an Ipswich park, police today said.Ipswich police are now appealing for witnesses after reports that a dog attacked another dog in a park and then bit a 10 year old girl.
A TEN-year-old girl has been attacked by a dog in an Ipswich park, police today said.
Ipswich police are now appealing for witnesses after reports that a dog attacked another dog in a park and then bit a 10 year old girl.
Police spokesman Lisa Miller said: “At about 1.30pm on Saturday 10th December the 10-year-old girl entered Bourne Park, Ipswich from the Neath Drive entrance and started to walk her dog.
“A light brown coloured Staffordshire bull terrier ran up to them and started to attack her dog. When the girl tried to separate them the dog bit her on the knee causing a small graze.
“The dog was wearing a blue collar, there was no lead attached and there was no owner present.”
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this incident or knows who the dog belongs to.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 5 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 6 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 7 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
Calls should be made to PC Domenic Mann at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.