Girlfriend attacked for admitting affair
A FATHER-OF-THREE was jailed for attacking his girlfriend after she told him she was having an affair.South-East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard 32-year-old Richard Fosker, of Canham Street, Ipswich had enjoyed a ten-year relationship with Nicola Carruthers.
A FATHER-OF-THREE was jailed for attacking his girlfriend after she told him she was having an affair.
South-East Suffolk Magistrates Court heard 32-year-old Richard Fosker, of Canham Street, Ipswich had enjoyed a ten-year relationship with Nicola Carruthers.
But when she told him she was having an affair, Fosker punched and kicked Miss Carruthers in the face.
Gareth Davies, prosecuting, said Fosker had argued with his girlfriend in the early hours of July 3.
You may also want to watch:
Fosker became violent and punched through a bedroom window before storming out of the house and breaking a downstairs window from the outside.
Mr Davies said Fosker was arrested and bailed not to return to his Canham Street house.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 3 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 4 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 5 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
But believing he could salvage his relationship, he returned to the family home where he attacked Miss Carruthers after another argument, Mr Davies said.
Mark Holt, defending, said Fosker was distraught when Miss Carruthers told him the relationship was over.
He said his client accepted he had reacted the wrong way and knew he was facing a custodial sentence.
Fosker, who admitted common assault, criminal damage and possession of a small amount of cannabis resin, was sentenced to four months in jail.