Suffolk athlete Elliot Gladwell wins another national title
- Credit: Archant
Young Suffolk athlete Elliot Gladwell has added another prestigious title to his growing list of honours.
Gladwell, 12, lifted the under 13 national title at the British Modern Biathlon Championships in Solihull.
It comes after the Ipswich School pupil returned from Spain in the summer with three gold medals from the Biathle-Triathle World Championships in Viveiro.
Gladwell was the defending national champion, so headed to Solihull with a point to prove.
The competition started with a 1,600m run which was he won in 5:01, earning 1,367 points followed an hour later by a 100m swim in 1:06, earning 1,208 points.
You may also want to watch:
When added together Gladwell won the competition by an impressive 49 points from his nearest challenger.
Proud dad Simon said: “He was very happy – especially as the weather was very cold!”
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
Remarkably, Gladwell only started competing in multi-discipline events last year.