Golden days for BhS couple
LOVE blossomed at British Home Stores when Dorothy Creasey met Cyril Loweman at work.And 50 years after they wed at Ipswich Register Office the pair are still an item worth checking out.
LOVE blossomed at British Home Stores when Dorothy Creasey met Cyril Loweman at work.
And 50 years after they wed at Ipswich Register Office the pair are still an item worth checking out.
Dorothy, 84, was a counter hand at BhS when she met her intended who was stockroom manager at the Ipswich store.
They married on September 17, 1952 and the union brought four children, Wendy, Robin, Patricia and Peter.
You may also want to watch:
Helping them celebrate in golden style were their 11 grandchildren and their only great grandchild, Holiegh , who is just approaching her first birthday.
Dorothy said that the family organised a surprise tea party for them at their home in Renfrew Road, Ipswich, on their anniversary which carried on into the evening with a meal out at a restaurant.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 5 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 6 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 7 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 8 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 9 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 10 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
"For the evening meal there was 23 of us, most of them family and some friends. It was a lovely celebration," she added.
Although he was christened, Camile Cyril, now 80, adopted the name everyone has known him by for years since he did a stint in the army.
For most of their married life they have enjoyed playing darts and Cyril is also a keen angler.
"We both like watching fish and part of our anniversary gift from our children was a pond for our patio.
"Then all our grandchildren brought us a goldfish to go in the pond. We'll be spending relaxing times watching them swim about," she added.