Good Samaritan sought in police inquiry
A GOOD Samaritan who helped a woman in distress has been asked to contact Suffolk police urgently.The woman, from Ipswich, believes she was attacked and possibly raped by an unknown offender in an alleyway off Prentice Road, Stowmarket, between 11pm and midnight on Friday January 10.
POLICE are searching for a good Samaritan who helped a woman who believes she may have been raped.
He has been asked to contact Suffolk police urgently.
The woman, from Ipswich, who had been drinking, believes she was attacked and possibly raped by an unknown offender in an alleyway off Prentice Road, Stowmarket, between 11pm and midnight on Friday, January 10.
She reported the incident on Monday but was unable to give a statement to police until Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The woman recalls walking around the town and going to the Excel Night Club. Her next memory is waking up in the alleyway.
A man in a passing white Transit van asked if she was all right before giving her a lift back to Ipswich. He is said to be white, between 30 and 40 years-old, with blonde hair.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 10 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
Anyone with information is asked to call Stowmarket CID on 01284 774100.