Good Samaritan sought in police inquiry
A GOOD Samaritan who helped a woman in distress has been asked to contact Suffolk police urgently.The woman, from Ipswich, believes she was attacked and possibly raped by an unknown offender in an alleyway off Prentice Road, Stowmarket, between 11pm and midnight on Friday January 10.
POLICE are searching for a good Samaritan who helped a woman who believes she may have been raped.
He has been asked to contact Suffolk police urgently.
The woman, from Ipswich, who had been drinking, believes she was attacked and possibly raped by an unknown offender in an alleyway off Prentice Road, Stowmarket, between 11pm and midnight on Friday, January 10.
She reported the incident on Monday but was unable to give a statement to police until Wednesday.
The woman recalls walking around the town and going to the Excel Night Club. Her next memory is waking up in the alleyway.
A man in a passing white Transit van asked if she was all right before giving her a lift back to Ipswich. He is said to be white, between 30 and 40 years-old, with blonde hair.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
Anyone with information is asked to call Stowmarket CID on 01284 774100.