Good Samaritan sought in police inquiry
A GOOD Samaritan who helped a woman in distress has been asked to contact Suffolk police urgently.The woman, from Ipswich, believes she was attacked and possibly raped by an unknown offender in an alleyway off Prentice Road, Stowmarket, between 11pm and midnight on Friday January 10.
POLICE are searching for a good Samaritan who helped a woman who believes she may have been raped.
He has been asked to contact Suffolk police urgently.
The woman, from Ipswich, who had been drinking, believes she was attacked and possibly raped by an unknown offender in an alleyway off Prentice Road, Stowmarket, between 11pm and midnight on Friday, January 10.
She reported the incident on Monday but was unable to give a statement to police until Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The woman recalls walking around the town and going to the Excel Night Club. Her next memory is waking up in the alleyway.
A man in a passing white Transit van asked if she was all right before giving her a lift back to Ipswich. He is said to be white, between 30 and 40 years-old, with blonde hair.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 10 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
Anyone with information is asked to call Stowmarket CID on 01284 774100.