Three women taken to hospital after large fencing falls down in Ipswich
- Credit: Holly Hume
Three women were taken to hospital after large fencing fell onto them causing serious injuries.
Suffolk police were called by the East of England Ambulance Service just after 6:30pm tonight, Sunday 13 December, to an incident on Grafton Way, opposite the McDonalds on Cardinal Park.
Police have confirmed it is not related to the Junkyard Market.
All three have been taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance. None of the injuries are thought to be life changing or life-threatening at this time.
A volunteer nurse from SARS also attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating the circumstances of the incident and enquiries are continuing.
The road will remain closed for the next few hours and motorists are asked to find alternative routes.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 10 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
Witnesses or anybody who was driving along Grafton Way around 6:30pm and who may have relevant dash-cam footage are asked to contact Ipswich CID quoting CAD 258 of 13 December.