Great British Bake Off star Kate Barmby bakes festive scones at Ipswich’s Whitton Community Primary
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Children at a Suffolk primary school cooked up a storm at a baking workshop hosted by an extra special guest.
Great British Bake Off Star Kate Barmby helped year six pupils make carrot scones - by the end of the day, more than 500 had been made.
Anne Webster, who helps with the year six class, said: “It was a fantastic event, I am so happy she came and so are the children.
“I have been a friend of Kate’s for a while now and so it was wonderful she agreed to come.
“She also came to assembly to answer questions from the children about being on TV. It was a brilliant day.”
Kate, from Norfolk, left the competition in Batter Week after being tasked with making Yorkshire puddings in an oven.
Follow the Brownie leader, who has two children, as she continues to bake festive treats for her family and friends by following her on Twitter at twitter.com/katebarmby
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 3 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 4 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 5 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
- 6 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 7 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 9 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 10 Drunk driver travelled up A14 slip road the wrong way