Green machine goes into action after Pink concert
IPSWICH: It may have been a Pink night – but the home of the Super Blues was back to being bright green today thanks to a major clean-up operation.
On Tuesday night, American superstar Pink descended on Portman Road for an incredible performance which left Ipswich crying out for more.
But just three days on and there was little trace of the concert with the hallowed turf being preened ahead of the start of the season.
Meanwhile, more than 14 cleaners have worked hard to ensure that the stadium remains in pristine condition.
Trevor Kirton, the stadium facilities manager at Portman Road, said more than 70 bins had been placed around the stadium ahead of the concert to assist with the collection of rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
“We had about 75 14,000 litre bins out for the event itself and we filled all of them,” he said.
“After the event itself we filled a further 40 bins but the clean up effort was fantastic – everyone worked really hard.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
“We managed to recycle around 80 per cent of the rubbish – we still like to be green even though it was a very pink night. The turf was out since about 8.30pm on Wednesday and we’ve been cutting and trimming it.”
n Which performers would you like to see in Ipswich? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail evening email@example.com